I’ve never given much thought to turning thirty as I certainly don’t look it and don’t really feel it either in a lot of respects. Also, because I wasn’t raised in America I think all the jokes and worries that come along with turning 30 have never affected me, it’s just an age. So to celebrate it I was inspired to make a list of 30 things to do whilst 30 which begins February 17, 2004.
Here are the things I’ve come up with:
- Move out of my current city to a fabulous one
- Buy no cards but instead, make them all for everyone and all occasions
- Sew something
- Learn to ask for help when needed.
- Sleep 8 hours.
- Get some style.
- Go somewhere warm in February
- Use camera to sell photography
- Look after my nieces for a weekend
Create an indulgent bed
- Read at least a book a week
- Connect more with others in my city
- Buy some jewellery, particularly earrings (I haven’t worn earrings except when I got my ears pierced at 12)
- Do a hand stand
- Have a successful garden
- Have a spa weekend at some plush hotel where I can watch movies, get massaged and nap.
- Knit a scarf
- Create a home that I adore.
- Learn more, break through fears and take more risks
- Have a birthday cake (I’ve never had one for myself!)
Buy and wear a pair of jeans
- Fly a plane
- Create a chic style
- Have breakfast in bed
- Wear ballet slippers
- Have a picnic
- Grow Tulips
- Have afternoon tea
- Keep Gentlemen Hours for a week and not feel guilty about it